Thursday, September 12, 2013

Evening Meditation




Reminiscing.

It was a honor to be able to visit my friends Alex and Allyson Grey and share some serious studio time this past month at the COSM Summer Visionary Art Intensive . I made many new friends, as well as, reconnected with old ones. It was a magical week with an amazing group of people. So much mind blowing talent packed into one studio at the same time.


My room at the COSM house was adorned with original art by Alex and Allyson. There is nothing quite as thrilling to an artist as getting to fall asleep under the watchful eyes of their Maestro's works. Waking up and staring at such special art was a great way to start the day.

I rarely get to leave the studio these days, or pick up my brushes for any extended period of time, so spending 7 days immersed in the visionary arts is a real treat for me. It's also something I plan on doing much more of in the future. Once again I realized how much I miss painting and being around other like minded artists.


On the way home I stopped off to see my brothers  Johnny Thief and Matthew Lukesh at Seppuku Tattoo in NJ. Johnny and I hit up NYC a few times to wander through the East Village and Little Italy.  I always look forward to those trips into the city. The food, the art, the culture, I grow to love the place more with each visit.

Thank you all for the amazing experience! I'm looking forward to the next time around.

Check out Alex's Blog post about the event and more pics here

No comments:

Post a Comment